Medicare Advantage plans typically have a transportion benefit, so please feel free to reach out to me if you're not sure how to find what benefits your plan offers. I'm happy to help even if you're not a client of mine!
This list of resources was compiled by the Eastern Nebraska Office on Aging https://enoa.org/. I added websites where they were not already included. "It is not a recommendation for any one of the providers listed below. This is also not a complete listing of all the transportation options available. Please call each provider to confirm details."
Consumers can also visit the Nebraska Public Transit website to view their alphabetical & map of providers by county and city for NE on their page: https://www.nebraskatransit.co....
Provider information is subject to change without notice. Call for rates.
• 2-1-1 – 2-1-1/United Way https://ne211.org/ offers Lyft rides in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Rides are from 6 am to 6pm and can be used for medical, job, groceries, education, legal, or for government assistance trips. 4 one-way, or 2 roundtrips. Call 2-1-1 for more information.
• Beautiful Life Medical Transportation https://www.lifemedicaltranspo...– 402-933-0978: Offers Medical and non-medical transportation. Hours of operation: Mon-Sat. 8 am-9; Sun 10 am-6 pm
• Blair Blue Community Transportation, https://www.facebook.com/Blair... LLC – 402-533-1133: Operates in Washington County and surrounding areas. The hours are generally Mon-Sat. 6 am-9 pm; Sunday Noon-8 pm. Call for rates or to schedule a ride.
• Camelot Transportation, 888-452-3194: Monday-Friday, 24-hour service. Logistically placed drivers throughout the State of Nebraska that offer non-emergency passenger services for travel anywhere that begins and ends in Nebraska. Prefer 24-hour notice. Call for rates. www.camelottransportation.net.
• Care-A-Van-402-359-8634: https://www.facebook.com/profi...Provides free transportation for elderly and disabled residents who live west of the Elkhorn River in Douglas County. This includes the City of Valley and the Village of Waterloo and the surrounding areas. Rides are provided individually for medical appointments and by groups for shopping and special outings. The drivers are all volunteers.
• City of Bellevue Specialized Transportation Services Unit-402-293-3138: Must be resident of Bellevue. Provides transportation to those 60 or older or have a medical disability. Please make reservation 48 hours in advance. Space is limited. Office is open Monday-Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm. Call for rates. Trips to Omaha run at
8 am, 10 am, and 12 pm. The van operates within the following boundaries: as far west as 84th St., as far north as Dodge St., and approximately as far south as Platteview RD. Please call to complete a registration prior to starting. Escorts ride free if the name is provided when you make a reservation. Wheelchair lifts are
available on minibuses. Please be ready one hour prior to scheduled pickup time. The first pickup is at 7 am, and last pickup is at 3 pm.
• Comfort Squad Medical Transportation https://comfortmedicaltranspor...- 402-301-7034; 24-hour service; Monday – Saturday; Sundays by appointment. Accepts private pay & Medicaid; Wheelchair /Non-Wheelchair available. Call for rates and to schedule a ride.
• DAV (Disabled American Vets)-https://www.dav.org/contact-us... 402-995-3453: Free transportation to and from VA hospital only. Will transport to other medical facilities if initiated by a VA doctor. The need for DAV transport is based primarily on a Veteran’s inability to pay for the cost of public transportation. Veterans are transported for scheduled appointments only. Available Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-2:30 pm. Closed on Federal holidays and in bad weather (same schedule as when schools are closed). Must be able to walk to and from the car/van unassisted (not wheelchair accessible). Serves primarily Omaha and Council Bluffs. May serve other areas (i.e., Gretna, Blair), but best to call to see if schedule permits. No wheelchairs!
• FAMC (Fremont Area Medical Center)-402-721-1610: Free transportation between FAMC and the patient’s residence, for those who cannot provide it for themselves. Scheduled through the department providing service. Monday through Friday, 7:00 am-4:00 pm. Bus service area includes towns located in Dodge County on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; and Arlington, Cedar Bluffs, and Valley on Tuesday and Thursday. Hospital and wound care visits only. No transportation for doctor visits.
• GoGo Grandparent (Uber for Older Adults especially if you do not have a Smart Phone): 1-855-464-6872. Sign up is free at https://gogograndparent.com/
• Heritage Health Plan Members 2023 - For individuals receiving services through the Department of Health and Human Services please call your provider number below to see if you qualify for the transportation benefit. Once you have been authorized for this benefit, call the same number to set up non-emergency
medical transportation. Typically, requests must be called at least 3 business days in advance.
Healthy Blue call ModivCare 1-844-531-3783 press 4 to schedule a ride.
Nebraska Total Care call MTM -1-844-261-7834; press 1 and enter phone number.
United Health Care - call ModivCare 1-833-583-5683 have your member ID number ready.
• LaVista/Ralston Special Services Van-402-657-3550 or 402-331-3455: Service available for all senior residents (ages 60 and older) and all handicapped residents of La Vista and Ralston. Open M-Friday, 7 am-4:30 pm. Fares are $1 each way in Zone 1 (within La Vista and Ralston and designated locations); $3 each way for Zone 2 (outside La Vista and Ralston city limits); $10 each way for Zone 3 (outside city limits). Multiple stops are an additional $1(Prices subject to change). Bus punch cards are available for $30. (Each punch is worth $1).
Tickets may be purchased from the van driver or at the LaVista Commun Drag to ity Center. Checks or cash only. A two-business day notice is required, and space is limited. All passengers must fill out an application form prior to riding on bus. Call or see www.cityoflavista.org and click on “Senior Services,” to see van regulations, zone maps, and obtain the application form.
• Medics at Home-https://www.medicsathome.com/ 402-345-6666: Services include emergency and non-emergency ambulance transport service, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They will determine what type of support transport you willneed. Basic life support, advanced life support, neonatal transportation, critical care transportation, wheelchair transportation. Patient transport coordinators available 24 hours a day to arrange the most appropriate level of ambulance transportation for each patient. Wheelchair transportation is $37 one way, $71 round trip. More sophisticated transportation (medical) starts at $440 + mileage. Call for further rate information. Does not provide transportation from a private residence.
• Metro Senior Pass (Omaha City Bus)– https://www.ometro.com/fares/ 402-341-0800: half-fare rides are available for seniors (over the age of 65 years), disabled and/or anyone on Medicare. A 10-r ide half-fare pass is $6, and a 30-day half-fare pass is $27.50, plus $1.50 shipping and handling. You must fill out an application to receive a Metro Senior Pass Identification card. You may call Metro Area Transit to get the application or go to the Metro Area Transit website and download the application at www.ometro.com. The ID card must be shown to the bus operator
when you board the bus. Service is available 7 days a week, except some holidays. You can purchase passes at Hy-Vee, Baker’s grocery stores (specific locations listed on their website). Must go to the office to obtain the passes. Passes are available at 2222 Cuming St.
• Midwest Medical Transport Company/MedAir-1-800-562-3396: https://mmtamb.com/ Provides emergency transportation by state of-the-art ambulances and non-emergency ambulance transportation by para-transit wheelchair vans.
• Moby-402-341-0800/402-346-8779: Transportation for individuals who live within ¾ mile of a fixed metropolitan bus line & have a disability or temporary health issue that prevents them from using the fixed route transportation. Application must be completed by client & signed by physician prior to riding.
Applications located on the Omaha City Metro website www.ometro.com, under MOBY Paratransit. Provides wheelchair transportation, but riders must be able to get to the curb on their own. Service available 7 days a week, except some holidays. Need 24-hour notice. Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance.
• Nebraska Urban Indian Health Coalition, Inc - 402-346-0902: need 24-hour notice; transport for medical/dental related services. Eligibility – Native American. Clients may be asked for proof of tribal enrollment. https://www.facebook.com/nuihc...
• Oceans Drive Transportation – https://www.facebook.com/ocean... 531-213-2211: Oceans Drive will transport people for routine or procedural doctor visits. Requires 48-hour notice. Wheelchair transportation available. We encourage people to verify with your doctor if this transportation is acceptable for any kind of procedural visit.
• Papillion Special Services Van - 402-680-3970: Please call us at 402-680-3970 at least 24 Hours in advance for reservations. The bus service is primarily for the use of senior citizens and handicapped individuals. These people may have an able-bodied person accompany them at no cost. The Special Services Bus is an "ondemand" transportation service subsidized by the State of Nebraska for the elderly and handicapped residents of Papillion. Service area includes residents inside Papillion city limits and Papillion SID's contiguous to the city limits.
o In town: $1.00 each boarding
o Out of town: $2.00 each boarding
The cost for the non-elderly and/or the non-disabled are:
o In town: $3.00 each boarding
o Out of town: $5.00 each boarding
Exact change will be required when boarding. A fare is charged each time the passenger boards the bus. Fare tickets are available from the bus drivers for $10.00 or at the Papillion Recreation Department. https://www.papillion.org/640/...
• Ponca Express Metro Connecting Omaha to Sioux City and Omaha to Lincoln - 402-438-9224 The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska Transportation Department strives to provide the most effective, efficient, safest and uninterrupted transportation service to meet your needs. Services are provided for the following as well as other needs: Health Care, Education, Social Services, Public Services, Recreation.
The Ponca Express currently operates two transportation services. One serves only those who reside in rural communities, and the other offers services to the metro communities. The program operates on a first come/first serve basis and provides on-demand transport. Ponca Express currently has drivers at all 5 PTN office locations. The program provides transportation within a three-hour radius of each facility in Norfolk, Niobrara, Sioux City, Lincoln, and Omaha.
o No service on Tribal and major holidays. https://www.poncatribe-ne.org/...
• Raah Nissi Home Care Transportation - 402-401-2752: Wheelchair/Non-wheelchair; Can schedule rides with 24 hr. advance notice but prefer 72 hours. No physical assistance out of the home. https://www.raahnissi.com/home...
• SD Homecare LLC - 531-777-8859: Operates in Douglas County, Sarpy County and surrounding areas. We offer Medical and non-medical transportation.
Hours of operations: Monday-Sunday, 8:00 am-10:00 pm. Wheelchair accessible vans up to 30" wide are available. Drivers may provide assistance from home to vehicle if needed. https://sdhomecarellc.com/
• Seniors Helping Seniors (SHS)-402-331-3073: Reasonable rates for seniors requiring transportation throughout Omaha and all of Sarpy County. Call to schedule. Additional service information available online. Vehicles can be either the clients or the providers. Will provide transportation after surgery on a case-by-case basis. However, patients cannot be at a high fall risk. SHS will go into a home to assist people to vehicle. SHS is available for last-minute requests, but they prefer 24-hour notice, at least, for new clients, especially. Cannot
serve persons confined to a wheelchair. www.seniorcaregreateromaha.com
• Share-a-Fare-402-827-9814: Cab subsidy program for residents of Greater Omaha area who are legally blind or whose vision precludes them from driving. Must complete an application in advance; have a certifying agent complete the application. Certifying agents can be a healthcare provider, rehabilitation counselor, or vision care provider. Call to get an application or go online to fill out the application and mail in. Certifying agents may also complete and submit the application online at http://www.shareafare.org/appl.... Once approved, you can purchase cab coupon books at a half-priced rate. The coupons can be used to pay all or part of an individual's cab fare and do not have an expiration date. To order, call 402-827-9814, or go online at to see pricing, payment options, and order at http://www.shareafare.org/orde....
• Superior Van & Mobility Handicap Van Rental: Has a fleet of wheelchair vans to rent for short or long term. Contact their rental coordinator for more details. 1-844-648-7368 https://www.superiorvan.com/wh...
• VA Hospital Beneficiary Transportation Processing Office-402-995-4458: Transport service for VA hospital. The Beneficiary Travel program provides eligible Veterans and other beneficiaries mileage reimbursement,
common carrier (plane, train, bus, taxi, light rail etc.), or when medically indicated, "special mode" (ambulance, wheelchair van) transport for travel to and from VA health care, or VA authorized non-VA health care for which the Veteran is eligible. Veterans can call directly with transportation requests; prefer 5-day notice. Hours are Monday-Friday 5 am-9 pm. For full details, please go to website,
• Wings of Love-402-571-1922: Available Monday-Friday, 7 am-6 pm. Omaha Metro area. No wheelchair vans. Store or medical appointments. Need 24-48-hour notice. Will provide transportation to Medicaid approved recipients as well as private pay. https://wingsofloveservices.co...
• Z Trip Nebraska-402-292-2222: offers a senior discount if over 65 years old. Specify that you are a senior when you call in. Call for rates. Operates Happy Cab, Yellow Cab, Checker Cab, Cornhusker Cab, and Safeway Cab Companies in Omaha. When you reserve a ride into the dispatch system, they may dispatch any one of the company’s drivers to pick you up. https://www.ztrip.com/nebraska....